Every major sporting event presents a great opportunity for ecommerce sales to sell. As Matt Lindar noted recently, Super Bowl means super business for some online retailers. It’s not only team merchandise that sells but anything else associated with advertisers and online stores, including Ebay, Amazon and dedicated Sports ecommerce merchants.
The question is, what can you do to get a share of the pie? Here are some ideas:
- Increase traffic to your website by writing content that is associated with the big event.
- Offer incentives or special discounts during to the event period. Many companies had special offers before and after the Superbowl.
- Run contests and puzzles or other user engaged activities based on the event.
- Advertise! if you can afford it, afford on high visibility media, sports magazines and even TV stations that are screening the event.
- Use event related keywords and add hyperlinks to your posts during the event period.
- Direct Mail – send a carefully crafted and witty email to your email list just before or after the event with special offers or event related promotion.
- Offer expedited delivery at no extra charge during the event week.
- Promote your special offer through multimedia, Youtube videos and create other engaging content.
- Launch a creative social media campaign related to the event just prior to start.
For more ideas on how you can increase sales during a big, special event, contact us.